A concept UI/UX design of the location tracking app with Apple Watch support.
Design a native mobile app that allows your family and friends to keep an eye on you as you travel alone, late at night or in any situation where you need a companion to ensure you arrive safely at your destination.
1.1 Brainstorming board in InVision.
1.2 Competitors list.
2. Extra features suggested to the client:
- Force touch quick start (Strava-like).
- iOS widget.
- Sharing the trip (Waze-like): a web page with the trip info available.
- Highly customizable Mapbox SDK for maps instead of Google Maps SDK.
- Quick estimated time of arrival (ETA) settings.
- Customizable presets for the usual trips.
- Route deviation scenarios considered.
- Suspicious location scenario.
3) Clickable designs (switch-to-grid view to see the sections with extra screens please):
- iOS app clickable prototype in InVision.
- Apple Watch clickable prototype in InVision.
Tools: Sketch App and InVision.
Fonts: Museo Sans + San Francisco Display (Native iOS font family).
We've chosen a family-friendly light colour palette and tried to make the app social-friendly by emphasizing the sharing component of it.